My 18 years old son was murdered on border and Pakistan was blamed for killing, says father

Family seeks CM’s intervention

Srinagar, July 15, CNS: “At least 26 bullets were pumped into the body of my 18 year old son Javaid and I was told he got killed in Pakistan firing. Police instead of interrogating the suspects handed them over to Army. I want justice and need the matter to be probed,” Khurshid Ahmed Lone, a resident of Keran Mandia Naga area of frontier district Kupwara told reporters while staging a silent protest here in Press Enclave Srinagar on Saturday.

The family members raised questions over the killing of Javaid Ahmed Lone said that they had sent him for road clearance at KW Post for Army for a day. “He was a school student and for a day, he had gone with a contractor Mangta Lone to clear the road along Line of Control for Army movement. We were bothered when he didn’t return while the Contractor informed us that he has been staying at PP Post and in morning he will be back to home,” Khurshid Ahmed, the father of the slain youth told CNS.

He said on the same night a neighbor knocked at our door and informed us about the killing of Javaid Ahmed. “Whole family was shell-shocked. We found 26 bullets into his body. The finger was raised over Pakistani soldiers, but when we protested and demanded investigation; police station Keran filed a murder case and arrested four persons including the contractor Mangta Lone, Hafiz Lone, Rajab Lone and Nazir Lone.”

The father of the deceased added that a police officer told him that during interrogation, the accused have claimed that Javaid was gunned down by unknown people along the Line of Control.

“Ironically, police have handed over all the accused to Army 15 Rashtriya Rifles and till date we don’t know why and who killed our son and what was the motive behind his killing,” Khurshid Ahmed Lone said.

They appealed Chief Minister and Police Chief to look into the matter and order an inquiry into the innocent killing.

When contacted a police official denied that any of the accused was handed over to police. He said that investigation has been going on and the murder case will be cracked sooner or later. (CNS)